Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'm so frustrated!!!

On Sunday Marrissa's tailbone was hurting, then on Monday it was worse, she said she couldn't even sit in her seat at school. So that evening I was trying to get her in to get an x-ray but of course her doctor doesn't do x-rays, so I called the x-ray place at 4:20 and they closed at 4:30 no way would I have made it there. Yes I could have took her to the emergency room, but it costs more. So we decided to wait it out and see how she was by Tuesday. Oh yeah by the way I did have a call into the nurse to call me back and guess what she never did!!! Anyway It was still bothering Marrissa on Tuesday so we both took the day off and called the place where they do the x-rays and guess what they had no available appointments for today. Just my luck. So I end up going to nextcare and we get there at 8:45am and I have to type all my info in the computer I guess times have changed, I use to fill out paperwork and they put it into the computer. Anyway we were not called until 10:30. Then they procede to tell me that we have to go to an x-ray place to get a tailbone x-ray because they don't do them there. So we leave and go to the x-ray place and they have a two hour wait so they send me to a different one and they only had an hour wait, so we grab a quick bite to eat and went back. They took the x-ray and said they would have them to the doctor in about two hours and then the doctor would contact me today. That was at 12:30pm. It is now 6:55pm and I never got a call. Can you believe it. I feel like it was a wasted day without any answers and alot of money spent on nothing. The only thing the doctor said was to give her some ibueprophen because the area was a little inflamed. The doctor was a little puzzled too because Marrissa did not fall or bump into anything and that's usually the only time the tailbone gets injured. So here we are with no answers and a child who has a hard time sitting on her bum. It really felt good to vent. They will probably call me Friday Ha Ha. Doctors can be soooo frustrating!!!

1 comment:

bridgette said...

I'm so sorry marrissa is in so much pain. i hear that is painful and not a lot can be done for a tailbone. poor girl. I totally get how frustrating drs can be. how would they like it if we wasted their time, dont think so right? good luck and speedy recovery....

The Maldonado's