Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Where does the time go???

Yesterday was Marrissa's first day of junior high (6th grade). I always take a picture of her on her first day of school. Of course she had to have her dog in it!!! I remember the first day she started kindergarten. It seems like only yesterday. I took her to class and she said ok mom you can leave now I'm fine. I thought my heart would break. She actually wanted me to leave. I'm happy and a little sad also. I'm happy she is moving on, but I'm a little selfish and want her to stay little and not have to deal with all the grown up stuff that comes with the teenage years. Maybe it's because she is my only one and before I know it she will be on her own and not need me so much. It is very hard to let your kids grow up and make their own mistakes. I want to fix them all, but I know I can't because that is how she will learn. I just hope she makes the right choices in her life and succeeds and will learn from the mistakes she will make. So now I guess I'm out of the little kid stage and I'm entering the teen years. I hope we both survive!!! This has definitely been a big change for me hopefully it won't be too rough. I just can't help but miss the little girl she was. I wonder if other mothers have felt this way or it's just me. Anyway she has had a great first few days of school and really likes it. That makes me happy. I always tell her no matter how old you are, you will always be my baby girl!!!

1 comment:

bridgette said...

omg..i cant believe it.. time is sure going way too fast.
just hold on if you hate 6th grade
because 7th was way worse. they say 8th is good, we'll see aj starts next week.

The Maldonado's