Thursday, July 10, 2008

Remembering a Child

I was going through my pictures today and found this one of a boy named Terrell who was in one of my kindergarten classes two years ago. Terrell was a quiet, shy boy who loved everyone. He was always making all of us laugh. If I was having a not so good day I could go and talk to him and it would make my day great. His parents were both involved with school on a daily basis, always volunteering their time. Well in March of this year he passed away from complications with the flu. It was devastating to our whole school to lose a 2nd grader. Death is always very difficult, but the death of a child seems so much more. It's very hard to understand. I guess God was ready for him to go home. This just reminds me that we should never take for granted the time we have with our own children. We never know how long we will have them with us. I know I will be hugging Marrissa a little tighter and longer today and thanking God that I have her.

1 comment:

bridgette said...

he seems like he was a great kid to be around. i cant believe it was all because the flu thats horrible.

The Maldonado's