Thursday, July 31, 2008

What was I thinking!!!

The other day Marrissa and I were out and about and we decided to go into Joann's. Well as we were looking around I told Marrissa I should try and make her a shirt since I got a sewing machine for Christmas and have only used it a few times. She thought that would be cool, so we went over to the patterns and looked through them. I told her to pick something easy because I've never made anything before. She picked one and we were off. I got home very excited to make the shirt thinking how hard can this be. (understatement) The lady at the store said I would make the shirt by her bust size and it showed a 14. I told the lady that seems really big and she said when you make your own clothes the sizes are different. So I cut the pattern for a 14. That's what the lady said to do and she should know her job pretty good right? Anyway I started putting it together and I told Marrissa it looks too big, but maybe after I get it all put together it will get smaller. Remember I've never done this before and I barely know how to use the sewing machine. Well when I got to the collar it was way confusing and I had to redo the collar two times. After the third time of putting the collar on right I realized it was just way too big. I really don't think that lady at the store knew what she was talking about. Needless to say I quit at that point and put it away. It wasn't looking so great. I had already spent about 5 hours on the thing!!! I would have taken a picture, but it would have been too embarrassing to show. Robert tells me why do you do these things without taking a class or something. I told him I thought it would be easy. I guess I should have someone show me how to use my sewing machine before starting a project, it just might help. I need to learn not to be so impulsive and just buy things thinking I know what I'm doing. So that was just money down the drain. Marrissa did use my scrapes and dressed up Spike. He is really going to have issues thinking he's a girl. She really needed a female dog. In the last picture it looks like he's thinking this is so humiliating!!!


No comments:

The Maldonado's